CR1 spouse visa is for a spouse of a US citizen that has been married to the US citizen for less than 2 years.  CR1 spouse visa applicants must prove they have a legitimate relationship using joint property documents, joint bank accounts, wedding photos, engagement ring receipt, emails, phone records, birth certificates of children together and affidavits of family and friends with knowledge of the relationship.

US sponsors of CR1 spouse visa applicants must prove they can support their spouse above the US poverty line, which can be found on the US Department of Health and Human Services website.  US sponsors can have a co-sponsor to help them meet the income requirements if they cannot meet them on their own.

US sponsors must also prove they maintain a US domicile meaning an address in the US which they intend to return. US domicile can be proven by the US sponsor of the CR1 spouse visa applicant by using documents such as US utility bills, property deeds or leases, bank accounts, state tax records, voting records and employer or business records.

CR1 spouse visa is better than the K1 fiancee visa because the applicant will get permanent residence upon arrival in the US, which allows them to work immediately, attend university and travel in & out of the US.  The only other paper work required is to remove the conditions on the permanent residence within 90 days before two years from the date of their arrival in the US.  CR1 spouse visa applicants will receive ten year permanent residence status after the conditions are removed.

Self Help

US State Department - CR1 Spouse Visa

Foreign Affairs Manual - CR1 Spouse Visa

USCIS - CR1 Spouse Visa