CR2 child visa is for children under 21 years to travel to the US to live with their parent(s) in the US.  In the case of a single parent, the parent must have legal custody or written permission from the other parent to take the child to live in the US.

US sponsors of CR2 child visas must prove they can support their child above the US poverty line, which can be found on the US Department of Health and Human Services website.  US sponsors can have a co-sponsor to help them meet the income requirements if they cannot meet them on their own.  US sponsors of CR2 child visa applicants must also prove they maintain a US domicile meaning an address in the US which they intend to return.  US domicile can be proven by the US sponsor of the CR2 child visa applicant by using documents such as US utility bills, property deeds or leases, bank accounts, state tax records, voting records and employer or business records.

CR2 child visa applicants do not have to adjust their status, but are required to file for removal of conditions within 90 days before 2 years from the date of their arrival in the US.  CR2 child visa applicant will receive ten year permanent residence status after the conditions are removed.  CR2 child visa applicants are able to attend school, work or open a business immediately after arrival in the US.

Self Help

US State Department - CR2 Child Visa

Foreign Affairs Manual - CR2 Child Visa

USCIS - CR2 Child Visa