F2A child visa is for a child under 21 years of age of a US permanent resident (green card holder).  Applicants must prove they have a parent child relationship using the child's birth certificate.

US sponsors of F2A child visa applicants must prove they can support their child above the US poverty line, which can be found on the US Department of Health and Human Services website.  US sponsors can have a co-sponsor to help them meet the income requirements if they cannot meet them on their own.

US sponsors must also prove they maintain a US domicile meaning an address in the US which they intend to return.  US domicile can be proven by the US sponsor by using documents such as US utility bills, property deeds or leases, bank accounts, state tax records, voting records and employer or business records.

F2A child visa applicants will receive a green card (permanent residence status) in the mail shortly after their arrival in the US.  Applicants are able to attend university, work or open a business immediately after arrival in the US.